• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Vbs or cmd to clean trash50534137 SPAM Mails???

zartrix

New Pleskian
I don´t have any knownledge in Vb script or cmd files so i need to ask for help.

All the people knows that Plesk create in every domain a mailbox folder called trash50534137 and all the inexistent e-mails get stored there. (Inside Mail Enable Postoffices).

The location of the folder is always similar to this one:
c:\Program Files\Parallels\Plesk\Mail Servers\Mail Enable\Postoffices\domainame.com\MAILROOT\trash50534137\Inbox\

And keep growing and growing... so you need to clean manually time to time.

My questions is, there nobody in PLESK/PARALLELS that can make a cmd or vbs file to clean automatically all the .MAI files (Mailenable e-mails) in thats TRASH folders only???

The utility maybe need to be copied in the PostOffices directory. And the behavior will be, search directories
trash50534137, enter to that directory, enter to the directory inbox, and the delete all .MAI files.
And do that for every directory created inside Postoffices (that directories are all the domains that have emails in your server).

Anyone known vbs or cmd programing?? Nobody clean that directories??? Anyone finded a solution for this???
Please i need a solution or an idea to solve this problem. I want to known how you people solve this problem (it´s in all plesk version i guess).

Thanks in advance! :)

I know this is an oldish thread but for anyone that is having this problem or other issues with the trashxxxx mailboxes created by the Plesk Control Panel you are better off disabling them in the properties of the SMTP service in the ME Admin MMC.

The trashxxxx mailboxes are created by default when using Plesk to create mailboxes for each new post office (domain) and are setup as "catch-all" accounts, this means that the mailbox will accept all mail for any mailbox name that does not exist in the domain container. In modern day usage these accounts are rarely used and are really more trouble than any positives that come from having them configured. When they are configured it means spammers will think that your server is accepting mail for all addresses they send to this makes them very happy and contributes to them consistently spamming your domain.

So the best course of action is to disable the feature all together. If you really want to use them for some reason then you could upgrade to the MailEnable Enterprise version which has the ability to automatically clear mailboxes.

Back