• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

verify password with hash

Macs01

Basic Pleskian
I have developed an external application. Users uses the plesk username and password for authentication. Now I have activated the password encryption.
Therefore, I would like to know how I can use the entered password to verify it via the hash in Plesk api (Format: $5$rEET) or in the Databank (Format: $AES-128-CBC$/123 in `psa`.`smb_users`)?

Thanks Macs

Hello Igor,

do you have a solution for me? In another forum, there are other people who needs a solution.

Thanks Macs

Macs I don't think you can get that information here on public forums. May I suggest that you create a ticket with them?

Hello Abdi, please tell me why I can´t get this information here on the public forum? An encryption method with salt/hash is a standard procedure in many websolutions e.g. joomla, wordpress... There is no secret, except it is not implemented properly.

Well, I said so because there are a number of un-answered threads in that regard.

Meanwhile I do not think it is a real encryption. According to my tests, I think they having a master password.

I have developed an external application. Users uses the plesk username and password for authentication. Now I have activated the password encryption.
Therefore, I would like to know how I can use the entered password to verify it via the hash in Plesk api (Format: $5$rEET) or in the Databank (Format: $AES-128-CBC$/123 in `psa`.`smb_users`)?

Thanks Macs

For hash comparing you should know algorithm and you should have key because it is symmetric encryption. Sorry, but it is not public information.

Back