• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Version mis-match

motowebmaster

New Pleskian
I upgraded from 9.3 to 9.5.2, through several attempts.

After doing it once through the GUI, Plesk crashed, so I did it at the command line through the autoinstaller. After running the autoinstaller twice, and dealing with my hosting company regarding the license key issue, and applying the patch for the ftp repository backup file size problem - I'm left with a version mismatch problem.

When I go to Plesk, it still says 9.3.0 in the web browser interface and on the home page.

When I go to the updates section, or run the autoinstaller, the end result is that I'm already upgraded to 9.5.2. My hosting provider provided a 9.5.2 license key and it works.

Earlier today, I noticed that the 9.3x psa rpm was still on the server - so I removed it and ran the autoinstaller again. Although there was some activity, the end result is the same.

I'm using the atomic turtle repos on CentOS x64 (reset that as well). Email has been a bit sparse today, but it does work. My sites appear to be working as well.

The only thing that I've found to be out of place on the server is a file called "version", located in the psa directory, that contains:

9.3.0 CentOS 5 xxxxxxxx.xx -- replaced the numbers with x

Could this be the cause of my issue?

Looks like that you have uncompleted correctly upgrade there. For fixing this problem I strongly recommend you contact support team because it is not trivial task and deep investigation directly on your server is required.

The Plesk License is provided through my hosting provider, but they refuse to engage and help resolve this issue.

Is there an option where I can contact Plesk Support, even though I'm not a direct customer.

My hosting provider now changed their response and offerred to open a ticket as well, but they want me to open up my firewall and security rules so that the entire world can access the admin panel. Is there not a particular network or IP address that Parallels Support will be coming from?

Support team will provide you SPF form and all security related information regarding access to your server.

Back