• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Very slow Obsidian 18.0.39 update

ericzapata

New Pleskian
Hello, I have launched the Obsidian update 18.0.36 to 18.0.39. I did this from the plesk update interface. The process has been running for more than 2 hours on "Running scriptlet: plesk-service-node-utilities-18.0-2.centos.8 + p18.0.39.1 + t211014.2356.x86_64 [28/126] Done"
I pause the question of whether this slowness is normal, if I should let the process run?
Thanks for your advice.

hello @ericzapata ,

yes, you should let the process run.
such delays are possible in case some specific conditions, but the exact reason may be found only after installation logs investigation.

so, if this will proceed for very-very long time (let's say more than 24 hours_ - probably it is a reason to submit ticket to the Plesk Technical Support.

Hello Nik G

I let the process run for 8h00 but unfortunately I couldn't wait any longer because some services like emils were no longer working.
I made the decision to re-install the whole server after duplicating it on another server.

Thank you for your answer

Beautiful day

Eric

Back