• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Very slow PHP websites

Tecnico Absol

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,
I don't know why but lately my PHP-based websites (both Joomla and Prestashop) started to slow down considerably.

I didn't change anything and they all use a different PHP versions and different CMS versions so it must be something Plesk-related or server-related.

The CPU, RAM, Disk and Network on the server are not even close to 80% so it's not that. I'm running all websites on different application pools and all of them are running using FastCGI.

Any hint on how to troubleshoot that?

Thanks a lot, have a nice day.

Thanks IgorG, turns out the main issue was a DDOS attack.
I banned those IP and I'm wondering why the dynamic IP block on IIS was not working.

Is there anything else suggested by Plesk to prevent those attack?

Hi everyone,
I don't know why but lately my PHP-based websites (both Joomla and Prestashop) started to slow down considerably.

I didn't change anything and they all use a different PHP versions and different CMS versions so it must be something Plesk-related or server-related.

The CPU, RAM, Disk and Network on the server are not even close to 80% so it's not that. I'm running all websites on different application pools and all of them are running using FastCGI.

Best regards,

Last edited:
There are may be a lot of reasons like you will see delays in loading images or it may be you used slow hosting like you used shared hosting, complex PHP script without MySQL calls and many more.

Back