• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

very strange backup problem

J

jwagdy

Hi,

this is my 1st message here. I have a very strange problem with Plesk. I have a box running RH LE 3 and plesk 7.5.4 Reloded.

I created a client and migrated a couple of domains from another server to it. Now, everything is working prefect except the backup functions.

If I try to preform a backup operation through Plesk on any of the domains I'm manageing, I get the normal warrning message "" and every thing looks like it is working. The domains would go down as it should and then after a min or so it is up again. But the strange thing is that when I go back to the backup section under any of the domains, I don't find any of the backup files! as it never did a backup.

I connected via SSH to see what is happening. I found that the command line to backup the entire server is working fine from the SSH and the backup file was created and stored in the backups file.

I checked both the domains and clients files but they were empty! so my question how can I get this function to work from Plesk? can anyone help? Thank you

I forgot to say that when I checked the /var/lib/psa/dumps I found 2 folders for the 2 domains in question. yet there is no dump files!

Any help?

thank you

Back