• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question vhosts: Log files are rebuilt

ollibraun

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 12.6
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62 Update 1 Web Pro Edition
Hello,

more of a general Linux question than a Plesk problem, but maybe someone here has an idea anyway:

I don't need the logs at the vHosts and delete them from time to time. Only now I noticed that not only after deleting new logs under...
Code:
/var/www/vhosts/domain.de/logs
...which I expected, but the deleted logs are also there again. Even with the old file creation data. As if they had never been deleted.

So, as root user:
Code:
rm -f -r /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/logs

A few days later, the content is back:
logs.png
I did not restore a backup. A server restart or a "plesk repair all -y" command apparently does not trigger this.

Does anyone know what triggers the restore or where the data comes from? In other words, which mechanism is responsible for this?

Best regards
Oliver

Not a direct answer to your question, but since you mentioned you don't need the domain log this support article might be of interest to you:

You also need to delete the logs on /var/www/vhosts/system/domain.de/logs
This is the "primary" location of all these logs, and on /var/www/vhosts/domain.de/logs are only hardlinks to these files

Back