• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Virtual Directory 401 Authorization Required

Michael Graziano

New Pleskian
I have a asp.net web application the I publish to Plesk Onyx using FTP with Visual Studio. The website publishes fine and the website runs. I would like to add a virtual directory to a filepath under this website. example: the virtual website path www.mysite.com\apps\ would work the same as www.mysite.com\sites\mycompany\applications\ . I added the virtual directory \apps in Plesk onyx but the virtual path does not work. I get a 401 Authorization required. This works just fine using iis express locally on my computer but can't seem to get is to work on my published site.

I solved the problem. Under the Virtual Directory Properties there is a application setting: 'Create Application' that was checked. I unchecked this option. I did not want this virtual directory to be its own application. That was what the problem was.

Back