• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue WAF ModSecurity Comodo (Free) Error

ggorg

New Pleskian
Hi to all of you,

I need you help/input on how to solve an error.

I am having an issue with Comodo (Free) in WAF ModSecurity when I try to switch to it.

Here is the error:

Failed to install the ModSecurity rule set: modsecurity_ctl failed: ERROR:root:Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset.py", line 53, in main
File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset.py", line 35, in get_vendor_ruleset
File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/plesk_atomic.py", line 105, in download
with closing(urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout=15)) as fin:
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
response = self._open(req, data)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
'_open', req)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
result = func(*args)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1258, in https_open
context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1214, in do_open
raise URLError(err)
URLErrorWrapper: Error interacting with https://waf.comodo.com/doc/meta_comodo_apache.yaml: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)>
Unable to download comodo_free rule set

I am running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.27 Update #1 on CentOS Linux 7.8.2003 (Core)

I googled the error but no luck. :rolleyes:

TY in advance for your help.

I wish you all a great day/evening. :)

BR
Greg

Attachments

• plesk_modsecurity_comodo_error.PNG
    plesk_modsecurity_comodo_error.PNG
    47.5 KB · Views: 25

hello, i have issue "modsecurity_ctl failed: Failed to download comodo rule set." Centos 7 x64 plesk lastest updates installed.

Are you sure?

ScannerError: mapping values are not allowed here

in "<string>", line 39, column 26:

'allowLinker': true
does not give me a hint for something being offline...

Back