• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Web Application Firewall - Can't change to "Comodo (free)" [modsecurity_ctl: failed]?

BernieG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm trying to set my rule sets to "Comodo (free)" but I keep on receiving the following error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? This used to work fine before but now I'm having this issue all of sudden.

Code:
modsecurity_ctl failed: ERROR:root:Error
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset.py", line 53, in main
  File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset.py", line 35, in get_vendor_ruleset
  File "/usr/lib64/plesk-9.0/modsecurity_get_vendor_ruleset/plesk_atomic.py", line 105, in download
    with closing(urllib2.urlopen(url, timeout=15)) as fin:
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 154, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 431, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 449, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 409, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1258, in https_open
    context=self._context, check_hostname=self._check_hostname)
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1214, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
URLErrorWrapper: Error interacting with https://waf.comodo.com/doc/meta_comodo_apache.yaml: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:618)>
Unable to download comodo_free rule set

Thank you!

@IgorG I've tried this doesn't seem to work. I get the following response below and then when I try to set to "Comodo (free)" I get the same error.

Thank you!

In this case, I can suggest only contact Plesk Support Team.

Back