• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Warning: Not enough disk space in /dev/mda5 (/usr)

BRAHM

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

since yesterday my partion /de/mda5 is in lack of space.

I have deleted same files in /usr and when I check with #df the spacess miss again.

I can not understand this behaviur.

In meantime the e-mail messages are stopped in mail queue and the never goes to users webmail (postifx + horde)

it is a real pain in the ***.

Hi BRAHM,

could you check which folder consumes most of the space via mc (midnight commander)? If you found that, you could move that to another partition (i.e. mails, backups, dumps).
But first of all get a view of it.

/usr/lib => 730 MB

/usr/lib => 290MB

/usr/jvm => 333MB

At the same time I delete a file the space decrease again.

I can not undersand this behaviur. I have tried 1and1 support without any response after 4 hours.

/usr/lib => 730 MB

/usr/lib => 290MB

/usr/jvm => 333MB

At the same time I delete a file the space decrease again.

I can not undersand this behaviur. I have tried 1and1 support without any response after 4 hours.

Hi BRAHM,

and please post the output from `df -BM` to get an overview how your partitions are splitted.
Afterwards, I think, we'll find a solution for it.

/dev/md1 9397M 1286M 7634M 15% /
/dev/md5 9537M 4223M 5314M 45% /usr
/dev/md6 131555M 10555M 121000M 9% /var
none 493M 1M 493M 1% /tmp

In meantime I reboot the server and the free spacke got back again (45% used right now)

I got a little worried because I have never got this issue before. I think it would be a log file out of control :S

Hi BRAHM,

okay, so, I think, you're right. To get this, please consider to run the command told by Abdi, to see, whats consuming the disk space.
Maybe a backup task is running? (for example)

This the output for: du -hs /usr/*

148M /usr/bin
0 /usr/etc
0 /usr/games
19M /usr/include
92K /usr/kerberos
315M /usr/lib
478M /usr/lib64
28M /usr/libexec
2,6G /usr/local
43M /usr/sbin
550M /usr/share
0 /usr/src
0 /usr/tmp

I' d like to thank everyone in this thread about the assistance.

Dear BRAHM,

You'll have to drill it down, as you run the command from Abdi again but instead of /usr/* plese use /usr/local/*
So we can find the issue or file which is causing full partitions.

FYI: HMoellendorf87 and HenningM are both mine accounts, as I cannot login into my PPE account, sadly.

Last edited:
Hello,

I can see our /usr/local (2,6G /usr/local) directory is using 2.6Gb disk space on your /usr partitions, Check which directory is using the high disk space under the /use/local directory

Also provide us following command out put
Code:
df -h

du -sch /usr/local/*

[root@XXXXX ~]# df -h
Sist. Arq. Tam Usad Disp Uso% Montado em
/dev/md1 9,2G 1,3G 7,5G 15% /
/dev/md5 9,4G 4,2G 5,2G 45% /usr
/dev/md6 129G 11G 119G 9% /var
none 493M 4,0K 493M 1% /tmp
[root@u15375761 ~]#
[root@u15375761 ~]# du -sch /usr/local/*
288K /usr/local/bin
0 /usr/local/etc
0 /usr/local/games
52K /usr/local/include
1,1M /usr/local/lib
0 /usr/local/lib64
0 /usr/local/libexec
52K /usr/local/platform
2,3G /usr/local/psa
261M /usr/local/sb
4,1M /usr/local/sbin
2,1M /usr/local/share
15M /usr/local/src
2,4M /usr/local/sso
2,6G total
[root@XXXXX~]#

Check which is directory is using high space in your /usr/local/psa directory.

May be your /usr/local/psa/var/log directory is using the high disk space on your server

Back