• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Warning on System Updates Page

GIDATO

Basic Pleskian
Using Onyx & Ubuntu 14.04LTS.

On the systems update page, I am getting a warning at the top stating

Warning: Information on some packages might not be actual: inconsistencies were detected in the system's package manager database. Please resolve this issue manually.

I have found a message on https://kb.plesk.com/en/130271 which explains the problem in terms of YUM, but as Ubuntu uses APT/DPKG, I'm not sure how I should resolve it, or even identify what the inconsistencies are.

I've looked at /var/log/plesk/systemupdatestool.log and found the last line containing a JSON encoded list of packages, but all of the packages have unique names. The only thing I have spotted (don't know if it is relevant) is that there are packages like "zlib1g" and "zlib1g:i386". Is this an issue, or are they separate packages?

Please let me know what other information I can provide to get any help with getting rid of this warning.

Thanks

Hi GIDATO,

Please let me know what other information I can provide to get any help with getting rid of this warning.
Such informations may appear, when the update/upgrade - process needs MANUAL assistance, in order to proceed. This could be for example dependencies issues, multiple update/upgrade solutions for a package, ... . In such cases, pls. consider to call "apt"/"aptitude" manually, over the ssh - command line ( logged in as user "root" ):
Code:
apt-get clean
apt-get update
aptitude upgrade
( I don't suggest "apt-get upgrade", because "apt-get" won't offer ( possible ) available update/upgrade options, as "aptitude" does. ;) )

After you resolved all possible update/upgrade - options, pls. click again on "HOME", so that the page loads with the actual status.
Pls. be aware, that the very same information may still be displayed at "Home > Tools & Settings > Update and Upgrade Settings > ( tab) Available Updates", because the "Daily Maintenance" runs only once per day. :) You are able to click on "Check for Updates" to initiate a new/actual check.

If you see that message, even that there are no possible updates/upgrades, then this is a possible "browser-cache" - issue, while a cached paged is being served from your computer, instead of the request directly from your server.​

Last edited by a moderator:
I had considered this, but wondered if this was just a temporary fix, and whether the message would re-appear the next time there were any updates.

I have now run the commands, and on the 'aptitude upgrade', I am getting errors with "installing phpMyAdmin" stating problems with Access Denied for root using password no. I see from other posts on this forum that this is not an issue to worry about.

So, having completed this I have gone back to Plesk Admin "Systems Update" page, and see that all updates have now been done (i.e. none to do), but that the warning message still exists.

Does this mean I need to manual updated every time?

Hi GIDATO,

Does this mean I need to manual updated every time?
Should read your whole message. I'll wait and check tomorrow for the message!
sorry... I edited my post, to complete my answer. :D

In addition, don't take this information "too serious", because we experience the very same information, even that no current updates/upgrades are available, neither for Plesk, nor for any other installed package - consider to declare it as a "temporary display issue, caused by an orphaned session, which has not been deleted yet". :rolleyes:

Back