1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Watchdog and psadump

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by demonicnewbie, Aug 30, 2005.

1. demonicnewbie

demonicnewbie Guest

Whilst the new watchdog monitor service is a good idea I have found that it can cause problems when running psadump i.e. it begins restarting all the services.

If I was running psadump manually I could just disable the monitor for the process however I am not. I actually have a cron job running on selected nights that automatically backs up plesk and I want to make sure that the watchdog does not interfere before it has finished backing up..

Does anyone have any idea how could I disable watchdog for the duration of the backup and then re-start it automatically after the backup has finished?

TIA

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

It might be a good idea for psa-bu to communicate with watchdog so it doesn't restart the services. I'd recommend suggesting it to bugreport[at]sw-soft.com