• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Watchdog daily mail: Unit of "Average RAM usage"

King555

Regular Pleskian
Simple question (I hope): What's the unit of the "Average RAM usage" in the daily mail of the Watchdog extension?

For example, I had a value like this: 11564500.0889.

Is it Byte, Kilobyte, Megabyte, ...? Or something completely different?

Hi King555,

How many memory in your server? I suggest comparing this number with numbers from the Advanced Monitoring extension.
Anyway, I have created a bug report because of possible confusion from the email.

My server has 64 GB of memory.

According to the watchdog graph and the Advanced Monitoring (if I read it correctly) the used RAM is between 10 and 12 GB. My value from post #1 divided by 1024 twice results in 11.029, so the value is probably Kilobytes.

But even if the mail would have "KB" after the value, it would make more sense if the value would be in the base unit (Byte) or (even better) a more logical unit like Gigabyte (because on today's servers the value is probably in the GB area).

Back