• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Watchdog Error

Webroy

Regular Pleskian
Hi There,

i am trying to install watchdog on a existing 9.2.1. plesk server. The installation goed fine, no errors:

When i log in into plesk and go to the module watchdog he gives an error:

Changing of crontab configuration failed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0: wdcplib.php:136
set_cronjob_task(string '/usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/secur-check', string 'root', array)
1: wdcplib.php:32
set_secur_scan_cronjob(string 'weekly')
2: configure.php:20
require_once(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/watchdog/configure.php')
3: wdcplib.php:211
wd__require_once(string 'configure.php')
4: preaction.php:17
require_once(string '/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/modules/watchdog/preaction.php')
5: index.php:3

I have looked in my crontab (of root) and there were no Lines added voor Watchdog, also the @signs like in post http://kb.odin.com/en/1709 werent there. Does anyone had this problem or know a solution? It looks like he cannot write rules in the Cron?

Hello,

Please, perform the following steps:

Login as root to the server, open root user crontab with the 'crontab -e' command and make sure that the records' syntax is correct and there are none any special time specification "nicknames" like:

@reboot
@yearly
@annually
@monthly
@weekly
@daily
@hourly

Parallels Plesk Panel (PP) does not support them. Please use their alternatives, see "man 5 crontab":

@yearly : Run once a year, ie. "0 0 1 1 *".
@annually : Run once a year, ie. "0 0 1 1 *".
@monthly : Run once a month, ie. "0 0 1 * *".
@weekly : Run once a week, ie. "0 0 * * 0".
@daily : Run once a day, ie. "0 0 * * *".
@hourly : Run once an hour, ie. "0 * * * *".

If you need to set a scheduled task you can also do it through PP on the Server -> Scheduled Tasks page.

Please, see the following article for more information:

http://kb.odin.com/en/1709

Back