• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Watchdog send-report still not working after problem solutions

R

RobPr

Hello,

my Plesk Panel Watchdog module (the send-report executable) is still not working -- even after I repaired it according to the forum postings and knowledge base instructions.
Please help me to finally correct the send-report file. I like the Watchdog module and it would be a pity to have to replace it with a separate solution outside of (or parallel to) Plesk Panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1
CentOS 5 Linux

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- After fresh installation of server and Plesk Panel 10.0.1 I encountered the known error:
"Parallels Plesk Panel constantly sends message with the error: "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found""
(see http://kb.odin.com/en/9329 )
(see also http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=429327 )

- Then I corrected the "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found"-error by replacing the /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/send-report file with the updated file provided in above mentioned kb-entry and forum thread. The "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found"-error disappeared, but a new error came up: send-report cannot be executed.

- Then I still had to correct the first line in the updated file manually with vi, replacing the false first line "#!/opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun" in the updated file with "#!/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun". This step was also described in the above mentioned forum thread further below. Now the error, that send-report cannot be executed, disappeared.

- But now a new error came up:

$ ./send-report daily
Failed to send message: `mail() failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]'.

Note that this error comes up in the command line as well is sent (!) to me by e-mail via the Cron Deamon.

ACTUAL RESULT

$ ./send-report daily
Failed to send message: `mail() failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]'.

Error comes up in the command line as well is sent to me by e-mail (daily) via the Cron Deamon.

EXPECTED RESULT

send-report should send the Watchdog module reports to me, instead of producing an error and failing.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Aside of this Watchdog send-report problem, everything else seems to be working properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!

Did you check that connection to port 25 is acceptable from localhost 127.0.0.1 ?

Back