1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Watchdog send-report still not working after problem solutions

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by RobPr, Aug 30, 2011.

1. RobPr

RobPr Guest

Hello,

my Plesk Panel Watchdog module (the send-report executable) is still not working -- even after I repaired it according to the forum postings and knowledge base instructions.
    Please help me to finally correct the send-report file. I like the Watchdog module and it would be a pity to have to replace it with a separate solution outside of (or parallel to) Plesk Panel.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1
    CentOS 5 Linux

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION AND STEPS TO REPRODUCE

- After fresh installation of server and Plesk Panel 10.0.1 I encountered the known error:
    "Parallels Plesk Panel constantly sends message with the error: "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found""
    (see http://kb.odin.com/en/9329 )
    (see also http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=429327 )

- Then I corrected the "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found"-error by replacing the /usr/local/psa/libexec/modules/watchdog/cp/send-report file with the updated file provided in above mentioned kb-entry and forum thread. The "Class 'OptionalServices_ServicesConfiguration' not found"-error disappeared, but a new error came up: send-report cannot be executed.

- Then I still had to correct the first line in the updated file manually with vi, replacing the false first line "#!/opt/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun" in the updated file with "#!/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun". This step was also described in the above mentioned forum thread further below. Now the error, that send-report cannot be executed, disappeared.

- But now a new error came up:

$ ./send-report daily
    Failed to send message: `mail() failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]'.

Note that this error comes up in the command line as well is sent (!) to me by e-mail via the Cron Deamon.

ACTUAL RESULT

$ ./send-report daily
    Failed to send message: `mail() failed: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:25 [SMTP: Failed to connect socket: Connection refused (code: -1, response: )]'.

Error comes up in the command line as well is sent to me by e-mail (daily) via the Cron Deamon.

EXPECTED RESULT

send-report should send the Watchdog module reports to me, instead of producing an error and failing.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Aside of this Watchdog send-report problem, everything else seems to be working properly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Did you check that connection to port 25 is acceptable from localhost 127.0.0.1 ?