• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Watchdog to external M/MOnit

Oliver Marugg

Basic Pleskian
Hi

As a simple server monitoring system for *X several remote servers and VMs we use monit and its payable collector M/Monit, both work great. Plesk Onyx uses watchdog which is monit based.

In /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc every service and system is configured for watchdog as a local "m/monit" collector. The only thing I miss is a permanent configuration option for an external M/Monit instance, which normally could be made through https://username:password@MMONIT_HOST:8443/collector, which could be work (I didnt yet tested it)

Modifying /opt/psa/etc/modules/watchdog/monitrc is not the way to configure this, because it is an automatically generated file by plesk.

Any hints or ideas how to solve this, without installing a second instance of monit?

-oliver

Oliver, did you find a way to configure Plesk to use both it's internal watchdog and M/Monit?

Yes, would be interested in a solution how to set collector in watchdog to report to mmonit.

We are also open to any other solution which shows centralized status report of all services of the Plesk machines we have.
I know we could configure icinga to do the job. But for the small number of servers we have, it is somehow overhead.

Thanks and best regards...

Back