• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Watchdog

LordLiverpool

Basic Pleskian
Hello Parallels

OK 1 week ago I got an email from my server:

[rkhunter] Warnings found for <insert domain name here>
watchdog@mail.<insert domain name here>.com
Please inspect this machine, because it may be infected. Scan log:

I contacted my server provider and they said my VPS is "self managed" so its up to me to resolve this problem, but they did say it was probably nothing.

Today I got another email from watchdog with the same warning, My VPS has been up and running for 18 months now and I've never had emails like this before???

I dont know what to do next, can anyone help please?

Cheers

OS Linux 2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64
Panel version 10.4.4 Update #57, last updated at Oct 31, 2013 03:25 AM

Hi LordLiverpool,

sorry for the late answer. Please provide me the whole log, when you have ran in Watchdog (Extensions -> Watchdog) the rkhunter.
Please anonymize it or send it to me via PM and I'll give you further information.

With your error, I can only advise.

Can anyone help me out with this? I originally posted this question back in December, felt it was worth a bump.

Every Monday morning I get an email from [email protected]

Telling me "Please inspect this machine, because it may be infected."

With it comes a scan log, hundreds of lines long.

Q1. How do I know this isn't a false positive? (My server provider said my server was unlikely to be infected and not to worry)
Q2. If it is a false positive how do I adjust Watchdog settings so as to prevent the weekly email be sent?
Q3. If my machine is infected how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Back