• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

WD Preventing shutdown/reboot

CJZ

Basic Pleskian
---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT, VERSION, MICROUPDATE, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE
Plesk Panel 11.5.30#46
Centos 6.5
AuthenticAMD, AMD Opteron(TM) Processor 6272

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION
Upon a shutdown or reboot, the system shuts down sw-collectd. Further along, it will end wdcollect and the following will occur:
init: psa-wdcollect main process (pid) killed by KILL signal
init: psa-wdcollect main process ended, respawning
wdcollect[pid]: Language en-US is used for sending e-mail messages.
wdcollect[pid]: Failed to connect to database server during the startup. New attempts will be made if needed.
wdcollect[pid]: Server started

I believe this is preventing the un-mounting of drives which in the end freezes the shutdown process on:
Please stand by while rebooting the system...

After this occurs, I have to force the VM off and then boot again.

I have tried the following: http://kb.parallels.com/en/118382

As far as I know this bug has been completely fixed in Plesk 12.

Back