• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Web admin tool for Linux?

E

ElricM

Greetings,

My Linux career is about 5 days old now with my new dedicated server. I mostly worked on Windows 2000 and 2003 servers, the Linux machines I did work on were hosted accounts. Does anyone know a "Plesk" like web interface for administrating a Linux machine? Something with a file manager and utilites for doing things like creating and adminstering user and FTP user accounts. In the meantime, I will go get a copy of something like O'Reily's Linux in a Nutshell, but a web tool (or windows) would be cool. I've been using PuTTY and fscp.

Thanks

Originally posted by GARMTECH
You can use Plesk for Linux/Unix :)
??

How do you do things like create additional FTP users and have them go to a specific directories or use file manager to manipulate OS (eg, not domain) files in Plesk?

Thanks much for the webmin tip.

btw: looks like the url is now webmin.com

If you need free alternative, you can look at webhostingtalk threads, there too much talk about it. You will difinitely something for you. Btw webmin is good alternative, but not hosting-tuned.

Back