• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Web- and mailspace calculation, overquota of mail

cool_sh

Basic Pleskian
Hi there,

maybe its simple a misunderstanding of how it works and someone can explain to me. Situation:
- plan with e.g. webspace 50gb
- unlimited mailboxes with maximum 10gb each
- for the calculation of the used space the webspace and mailspace is used, so when I have used 6mb on mails and 20mb on webspace the total is 26mb

So far so good and everything is fine but when it comes to reaching the limits I am a bit confused. Having reached mail- and websace together the 50gb of the plan I still receive emails in the mailboxes. My expectation was getting a bounce as the total amount of space is full.
Second issue is that additional mailboxes can still be created and used (ok I said the plan has unlimited but the space is full?!)

It is Onyx on CentOS 7.3

Regards
Dietmar

In your service plan settings on the "Resources" tab you can configure whether you want the subscription to be locked if it is overused or whether you only want to be notified about overuse. If you set it to notification only, then a practically unlimited amount of additional space can be used by the subscription until you stop it manually.

The number of mailboxes does not count against the quota. You can still create new mailboxes, even if other mailboxes or disk space is used up. But additional mail cannot be received once the quota is used up.

Hi,

thx for the reply. I had choosen the first option, "no overuse and lock" but the behavior is as I wrote.

In Plesk GUI, please go to
Tools & Settings > General Settings > Server Settings > "Include in the disk space usage calculation"
Verify that mailboxes and mailing lists are both checked.

That option was set.
The abonnement was automatically disabled overnight, but the mailboxes still receives emails and no bounce is sent out ;(

This is beyond my knowledge and needs to be reviewed by Plesk staff. If you have leased the license from Plesk, I suggest to open a support ticket with them.

Back