• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Web stats disabled by still saving non-anonymized data

goobliata

New Pleskian
Hello. I have enabled IP anonymizing and uninstalled awstats/webalizer. I am still seeing non-anonymized IP under /var/www/vhosts/<domain>/logs/access_ssl_log.webstat. Since webstats are disabled/not installed, I wonder why this data is being saved here and how to turn it off?

The other logs are OK (access_ssl_log.processed.*.gz.)

Thanks.

Not sure about the .webstat files, but in general it is correct that the data is logged non-anonymized. It only becomes anonymized on log rotation. If the file is too small to be rotated, the data will sit there until the file grows and become subject to rotation.

The webstat files are what I'm more interested in here. Everything else gets anonymized nightly. I've found two log directories:

/var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/logs
/var/www/vhosts/<domain>/logs

Not sure why there are two as they seem similar (I only have 1 domain and 1 domain forwarding to it.)

Yesterday I did cat /dev/null > to access_ssl_log.webstat in both of these directories so the file was empty. During the rest of the day, these files filled up. After log rotation, the one in /var/www/vhosts/system/<domain>/logs is anonymized but the other one is not. Since I don't have webstats enabled, I'm not sure when this log would be anonymized.

OK, after a few days these webstats are working fine.

One other question though: Are mail logs supposed to be anonymized? Or is there a switch to turn on mail log anonymizing? So far my mail logs are not being anonymized (although I am the only person with email on the server, so I don't feel too bad about the crackers trying to access my mail, but still.)

Back