1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Web_Users failing under domain.com

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tungsten, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tungsten

tungsten Guest

Has anyone come across this issue yet?

We have a web_users/media folder for a domain of ours. We use this web user to manage all uploads of images / video / audio to a community news site we have locally here in Winnipeg. Up until about 2 weeks ago, there were no issues with this folder at all.

However, recently, we migrated several domains to the server. We have noticed that the domain.com/~media path is no longer working.

To work around this, I have added an alias
    to my vhost.conf file to "repoint" at the media folder, but I shouldn't have to do this.

Is there any way to reset the web_users for a domain? I've tried turning their services off and restarting apache. I've even setup a new web_user and that user also fails to display a file when going directly to domain.com/~test_user/file01.html

Weirdest thing, up until about 2 weeks go, we had no issues. Anyone experience / solve this before?

2. tungsten

tungsten Guest

Turns out it was me, as always.

If you are using web_users, make sure NOT to comment out mod_userdir.so in httpd.conf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.