• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Web_Users failing under domain.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tungsten

Has anyone come across this issue yet?

We have a web_users/media folder for a domain of ours. We use this web user to manage all uploads of images / video / audio to a community news site we have locally here in Winnipeg. Up until about 2 weeks ago, there were no issues with this folder at all.

However, recently, we migrated several domains to the server. We have noticed that the domain.com/~media path is no longer working.

To work around this, I have added an alias
Alias /~media /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/web_users/media
to my vhost.conf file to "repoint" at the media folder, but I shouldn't have to do this.

Is there any way to reset the web_users for a domain? I've tried turning their services off and restarting apache. I've even setup a new web_user and that user also fails to display a file when going directly to domain.com/~test_user/file01.html

Weirdest thing, up until about 2 weeks go, we had no issues. Anyone experience / solve this before?

Turns out it was me, as always.

If you are using web_users, make sure NOT to comment out mod_userdir.so in httpd.conf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back