• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webform sending issues

mashamit

New Pleskian
Good Afternoon everyone,

I hope this is thew right forum area for my query.

I have a webform on www.maxymuscarpetcare.co.uk, that sends contact info to an info@ address.
The problem im having is that the email address is not receiving the mails, I have tried a few different email accounts.... hotmail,yahoo and BT. These work, but not the info @ maxymuscarpet... I do know these emails are managed through googleapps (i have tried sending to other googleapps managed email domains, these dont work either), Ihave adjusted everything that google suggests with no sucess.

Im hoping someine may have some other possible solutions I could try.

If you need any more information, please let me know.

PS. the reason for posting in here is that all the domains are held on my plesk 10 virtual server.

extra info

123-reg have the domain

google apps mx servers

www record points to 1and1 virtual server (plesk front)

DNS turned off on plesk, with a DNS record pointing to 123-reg

no mail management that im aware of on plesk (although as I say, some mail is going through via the server, not sure how!!!)

Sorted the problem..... as well as my DNS providers having google apps mx details, I have added to the dns of the plesk, this seems to have sorted it out....

I minor question....

All emails come through as 'anonymous@{my serverurl}' is there any way to mask the sender?

<?php
putenv ("QMAILUSER=USER");
putenv ("QMAILNAME=FULL_USER_NAME");
putenv ("QMAILHOST=DOMAIN");
$headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\r\n";
$headers .= "Content-type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii\r\n";
$headers .= "From: FULL_USER_NAME <USER@DOMAIN>";
$to="user@FQDN";
$subject = "Testing email";
$body = "";
$err = mail($to, $subject, $body, $headers);
?>

then you need to mod your php.ini with this

safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = PHP_,QMAIL

I've just tested this and it works however I'm not sure if doing this is a security risk or not, I am about to research that now.

If anyone has a better way of doing this I would love to here it.

Cheers all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back