• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail (again) login failed

R

ridgey

Hi there,

I recently upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 running on Fedora Core 4, I was already having some problems with that machine, this webmail problem being one of them, so decided to do a clean install, new server now running Fedora Core 5. Everything else is working fine, but still getting 'Login Failed', I cannot see any login attempt in the maillog, nor do i see any strange errors in the apache loggin for the domain. I can sucessfully do a POP3 login & an IMAP login for the same account directly from the machine or a email client. I have re-installed the psa-horde rpm a few times, has anyone else had this problem or have any clues as to why its happening, thanks in advance.

Regards

Hello,

i had the same problem on CentOS 4, after i've reset the password for each account it was solved :rolleyes:
Sure not a pleasant solution, but the only thing that worked for me this time.

All other solutions posted in the Forum doesn't worked for my box :(

check your /etc/hosts .

horde needs localhost to be defined - if it isn't you'll get the 'Login failed' response. so if your /etc/hosts looks like this:

127.0.0.1 <domain.tld>

you should change it to look like this:

127.0.0.1 localhost localhost.localdomain
123.456.789.123 <domain.tld>

Back