• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail and IMAP fix after upgrading

shoggy24

Regular Pleskian
I just wanted to share this, so that anyone who happened to have a similar problem after upgrade to 8.2 will try this fix.
I upgraded using autoinstaller and my upgraded completed without error, only to find out later that my customers cant login to webmail and cant connect to imap. I spent hours following suggestion found in this forum, including modifying my etc/hosts and etc/psa horde/servers.php among others, but none fixed the issue.
I finally paid for 1 hour support so that swsoft can take a look at it. They responded really quick and resolved the issue although they had to escalate it to second line of engineers, below is the explanation of the problem;

"IMAP service was down there, it could not start with error

Jul 27 06:00:05 websvr1 imapd: Invalid -maxperip option.
Jul 27 06:00:05 websvr1 imapd-ssl: Invalid -maxperip option.

The reason of the error was that MAXPERIP option was absent in /etc/courier-imap/imapd configuration file. I have added the missed line and restarted service, it should work OK now. Please check and let me know if the problem continues

I have reported the problem description to the development team to have them investigate who it may happen and correct it in the next updates if it is needed."

I was surprised to learn IMAP didnt start because when the system is booting up it shows IMAP as succesfully started which completely threw me off.

Well hope this helps someone someday

shoggy24 thanks!

just had the same problem during Plesk 8.3 -> 8.6 upgrade - uncommenting MAXPERIP helped:

# grep MAXPERIP /etc/courier-imap/imapd
##NAME: MAXPERIP:0
MAXPERIP=6

Back