• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail.domain.com giving 401.1 error

F

fastnet

We have one domain on a Windows 2003 Plesk 8.1 installation that is giving a 401.1 error message whenever you browse to webmail.domain.com.

You are not authorized to view this page
You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
* Click the Refresh button to try again with different credentials.

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

* Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 401.
* Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Authentication, Access Control, and About Custom Error Messages.

If you browse directly to webmail.domain.com/horde/imp/login.php then you are given the Horde login page.
Also, all other domains on the server correctly display webmail.domain.com and redirect it to the Horde login page.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the webmail component.
I have done the reconfigurator for everything.
Disk permissions look ok.
All current PSA patches are installed.

I'm at a loss. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and, hopefully, has some insight on how to fix it.

Hello,

I was having a similar issue, only the message was as follows:

=======================================

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

=======================================

I asked parallels for support, and this was their reply:

The problem was in the lack of permissions for IUSR_WIN2K3STD user on D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail folder.

Back