1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

webmail.domain.com giving 401.1 error

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by fastnet, May 2, 2007.

1. fastnet

fastnet Guest

We have one domain on a Windows 2003 Plesk 8.1 installation that is giving a 401.1 error message whenever you browse to webmail.domain.com.

If you browse directly to webmail.domain.com/horde/imp/login.php then you are given the Horde login page.
    Also, all other domains on the server correctly display webmail.domain.com and redirect it to the Horde login page.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the webmail component.
    I have done the reconfigurator for everything.
    Disk permissions look ok.
    All current PSA patches are installed.

I'm at a loss. Wondering if anyone has experienced this and, hopefully, has some insight on how to fix it.

2. support-01

support-01 Guest

Hello,

I was having a similar issue, only the message was as follows:

=======================================

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page due to the access control list (ACL) that is configured for this resource on the Web server.

=======================================

I asked parallels for support, and this was their reply:

The problem was in the lack of permissions for IUSR_WIN2K3STD user on D:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail folder.