1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail File Attachments

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by mpriller, Apr 9, 2007.

1. mpriller

mpriller Guest

I am able to upload and attach files to outgoing email in horde/webmail and send the email. But only up to 2megs, beyond that size I can upload and attach a file to a email but horde will not send out the email. Horde gives a page cannot de displayed error.

I have checked my settings, upload_max_filesize 8m; post_max_size 8m; max_execution_time 30 secs; memory_limit 32m. I increased max_execution_time to 120 secs with no success. I would think the other settings would be sufficent for 3.8m or 4.9m files. Is there any other setting that I missed that would be causing this issue?

2. carlrees

carlrees Guest

not a solution but

Hey mpriller

I had a similar prob a few weks back, getting the server to send large attachments may not help if the reciepients(sp) cant get them because their mail server strips them when inbound also.

I wanted to mail a 12Mb mp3 file, my girlfriends demo tape, instead I created a webpage www.riversidecafe.co.uk/sam.html and added a link to the file here instead.

Saved me mailing lots of large files and also gives the end user a choice of what to do with the download. Sorry if this is not quite what your looking for.