1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Webmail (Horde) won't send email outside server.

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tagman, Jan 16, 2007.

1. tagman

tagman Guest

Whenevr I try to send an email (using horde webmail) to a domain that is not hosted on my server, I get:

"There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: blahbalh@blahblah.com [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 553, response: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1))]"

I do have SMTP Authentication set in Mail, and I understand how to authenticate with an email client, but this using Horde webmail, shouldn't horde be able to authenticate on my server? Please help.

2. poke

poke Guest

make sure you have a localhost entry in your etc/hosts file...

3. tagman

tagman Guest

Thanks poke. I do have localhost in my /etc/hosts file.

I did change something else, and it seemed to fix the problem, and hopefully will help others;

in /etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php;
    make sure 'hordeauth' => true

Mine was set to false, once I changed it to true, I was able to send email through Horde.

Thanks

4. Wingman

Wingman Guest

I also have this problem. But your answere didnt help my problem.

The error message from MAILER-DEAMON is:
    "Remote host said: 550 Command rejected for policy reasons. For troubleshooting information, go to http://postmaster.msn.com"

Any ideas?

EDIT:
    problem solved by this:

In /etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php,
    change:
    'server' => 'localhost';
    to:
    'server' => '[YOUR IP ADDRESS HERE]';

thanks

5. felician

felician Guest

550 usually mean a spam block policy, you can verify this by checking /usr/local/psa/var/log/mailog