• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail (Horde) won't send email outside server.

T

tagman

Whenevr I try to send an email (using horde webmail) to a domain that is not hosted on my server, I get:

"There was an error sending your message: Failed to add recipient: [email protected] [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 553, response: sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1))]"

I do have SMTP Authentication set in Mail, and I understand how to authenticate with an email client, but this using Horde webmail, shouldn't horde be able to authenticate on my server? Please help.

make sure you have a localhost entry in your etc/hosts file...

Thanks poke. I do have localhost in my /etc/hosts file.

I did change something else, and it seemed to fix the problem, and hopefully will help others;

in /etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php;
make sure 'hordeauth' => true

Mine was set to false, once I changed it to true, I was able to send email through Horde.

Thanks

I also have this problem. But your answere didnt help my problem.

The error message from MAILER-DEAMON is:
"Remote host said: 550 Command rejected for policy reasons. For troubleshooting information, go to http://postmaster.msn.com"

Any ideas?

EDIT:
problem solved by this:

In /etc/psa-horde/imp/servers.php,
change:
'server' => 'localhost';
to:
'server' => '[YOUR IP ADDRESS HERE]';

thanks

550 usually mean a spam block policy, you can verify this by checking /usr/local/psa/var/log/mailog

Back