• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail no longer working after disabling CloudFlare

Maxunit941

New Pleskian
Heyo Parallels Community,

I recenty switched from Debian 6 to Ubuntu 12.04 and currently run Plesk 11.5.30 on my Server.

I used CloudFlare for quite some time before I now decided to disable it, for testing purposes.

I noticed, that, if CloudFlare is disabled and if I change the hostnames in my Customer Panel (I am a Hetzner Customer) from the CloudFlare NameServers (only 2) to the ones from Hetzner (3 NameServers), then the domains still work, but webmail.domain.tld no longer works :/

The URL then says (german ahead):

http://navigationshilfe1.t-online.de/dnserror?url=http://webmail.domain.tld/

Why is there a DNS Error for webmail.domain.tld, but not for domain.tld?

I'm a bit clueless right now, because it works flawlessly again, after I change the NameServers to those from CloudFlare :/

Greetings,

Maxunit

Have you setup the correct DNS entry of your webmail. in your domain dns zone ?

The Webmail DNS Entry in my domain profile is:

Record type: A
Domain: webmail vgunetwork.com
IP Address: 5.9.122.34

The NS Record irritates me tho, where I have to be honest, that I'm not experienced in DNS configuration. The NS Record says:

ns.vgunetwork.com

and has no domain name

The MX (10) record has mail.vgunetwork.com as a value.

Everything looks good to me in the DNS Settings for the domain.

EDIT:

Everything works fine so far. Visiting the domain, using FTP...no issues. Only webmail.vgunetwork.com refuses to work.

If I reset the Hostnames in my Hetzner Domain Robot again from the Hetzner Nameservers to the ones from Cloudflare, then webmail works again.

This information might be important as well:

The Name Servers for vgunetwork.com were set to the Name Servers from CloudFlare during the Setup of Ubuntu 12.04 and Plesk. Maybe something down deeper in the structure from the Plesk installation might need to be edited manually?

EDIT 2:

webmail.*domainname* does not work for any of the domains hosted on my Server. Even for those, which never had CloudFlare enabled o_O

Last edited:
Back