• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue webmail not working, mail server emails flagged as junk

Spre

New Pleskian
Second thing is not an issue right now as the only emails being process are for one thing and one thing only so I added it to a safe senders list.

However no matter what I do webmail.domain.com will not work, I have added in all the required dns entries in both godaddy and plesk, not sure what exactly is happening. havent used plesk in a few years, but last time I did i never had this issue, once the domain was added in plesk webmail worked fine with no extra steps.

adding the email user created to windows 10 mail does not give any errors, but also doesn't seem to get any mail sent to or from, and none of the mail logs show ANYTHING.webmail.PNG

Based on the screenshot of your DNS records I am inclined to say that your issue on not getting access to webmail for your domain is probably because the necessary A type and (AAAA type) records are missing for the webmail subdomain that points your server.

Create an A type record with the name webmail and use the IP address of your server/domain as the value. Optionally also create an AAAA type record with the same name and use the IPv6 address as the value.

I do see there is an MX type record with the webmail name. That doesn't look right. me. What are you are using that for?

Last edited:
Having an A record named webmail pointing to your server is necessary in order to be able to access webmail. If you've added the A record but you still can't access webmail, you'll have to check:
a) that email is enabled for your domain in Plesk
b) webmail is enabled for your domain in Plesk

webmail.png

ok so i did nothing differently and re added the A record and now it works, not going to argue with the results.

last issue is it sends emails fast as heck, but horde isnt receiving emails, no errors in the logs.

Good to hear you are now able to access Webmail.

Is suspect the receiving issue is caused by the wrongly configured MX type record. Remove the current MX type record. Create a new A type record named mail and use the IP address of your server as the value for the record. If you server has a IPv6 address configured, create an AAAA type record as well with the same name (mail) a use the IPv6 address as the value.

Secondly create a new MX type record with the @ symbol as its name and use mail.youdomain.com the value. Set the priority value for this MX record to 10.

Last edited:
Good to hear you are now able to access Webmail.

Is suspect the receiving is caused by the wrongly configured MX type record. Remove the current MX type record. Create a new A type record named mail and use the IP address of your server as the value for the record. If you server has a IPv6 address configured, create an AAAA type record as well with the same name (mail) a use the IPv6 address as the value.

Secondly create a new MX type record with the @ symbol as its name and use mail.youdomain.com the value. Set the priority value for this MX record to 10.

Yup I noticed it late lastnight. Works good and nice and fast.

It is always a simple fix that is overlooked.

Appreciate the help.

Back