• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Webmail Not Working....

Gene Steinberg

Regular Pleskian
I have recently turned on email for one domain on my Plesk 12.5.30 (update 32) server.

Other domains with email active on the server are fully functional.

But on one domain, the email service works fine from any IMAP client, such as Apple Mail for OS X and iOS. But accessing the webmail, configured to Roundcube doesn't work. Safari cannot access the page.

Note that Roundcube works find on other domains, and the configuration of these various domains appears to be the same.

Any suggestions?

Peace,
Gene

FYI: The Apache error logs do not indicate anything about accessing webmail.rockoids.com, which is where the problem occurs.

The Roundcube error logs only show:

[12-May-2016 18:43:22 UTC] PHP Warning: strtotime(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone. in /usr/share/psa-roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 193

So what's that about?

What other logs do you want?

Peace,
Gene

Hi Gene Steinberg,

this is JUST a WARNING... nothing, that prevents webmail from working as expected. Still, you should follow the advice and set the correct timetone, to avoid further warnings on this behalf. Please be noted, that the Roundcube PHP settings are defined at "/etc/psa-webmail/roundcube/php.ini" and even if you see the general notice on top
Code:
; ATTENTION!
;
; DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
; SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED.
you might consider to add at the end:

date.timezone = "YOUR_TIMEZONE_SETTING"
( afterwards, pls. restart apache )

( Please choose YOUR time - settings, based on the documentation from http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php )​

... you could still change that file, to avoid the above warning(s). Just be informed, that you changes may disappear in case of any updates/upgrades/patches from Plesk.

Back to your starting issue "Safari cannot access the page":

Sorry, but unfortunately, there are to less informations, so that investigations could be done for your issue. If the roundcube - logs and the apache/nginx - logs doesn't show any errors ( pls. see as well the DOMAIN - specific error - logs ), we might just guess... which is not very efficient.
Try to change the domain - specific php-handler, which might be an error source and try as well to regenerate the webserver configuration files with:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all

For further suggestions, we really need some decent informations from logs, to investigate the issue.

Try to change the domain - specific php-handler, which might be an error source and try as well to regenerate the webserver configuration files with:

/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/httpdmng --reconfigure-all
For further suggestions, we really need some decent informations from logs, to investigate the issue.
No good.

I get:

Error occured while sending feedback. HTTP code returned: 502

Unknown command: --reconfigureall

[root@server ~]#

??????

As to timezones, each email account that uses Roundcube had the time set to local time (-7.00 Arizona).

OK, I got the reconfigure command to work. Copying your text must have had an eroding error.

I made the timezone change in roundcube's php.ini file, but that doesn't concern me. Still cannot access the webmail from that one domain.

What logs do you want?

Peace,
Gene

Hi Gene Steinberg,

please be informed, that "COPY&PASTE" from the forum may result in failures, because some browsers copy as well the formats used in the forum, which can't be used in commands over the command line.

What logs do you want?
As stated before, the relevant log - entries are either in your apache/nginx - logs ( pls. note, that there are as well DOMAIN - specific error - logs at "/var/www/vhosts/system/YOURDOMAIN_OR_SUB-DOMAIN.COM/logs" ), or at the roundcube - logs - if you can't find any corresponding log - entries there, when you try to access your Webmail - URL, you might consider to choose another browser, just to be sure, that this is not the root cause.

If you can't find any corresponding errors in the logs and if you as well tried to reproduce your issue when using another browser, please consider to contact the Plesk support, or your hosting company support, because as I stated before, guessing an error is not very efficient, sorry.

Back