• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

webmail not working

G

gong

Hello. I use plesk 7.5.3.

I wanted to upgrade mysql to 4.1 so I installed:
MySQL-client-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm MySQL-server-standard-4.1.13-0.rhel3.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-standard-4.1.12-0.rhel3.i386.rpm

Some rpm failed so I did rpm -Uhv --no-deps

When I load mysql I can see it's 4.1.12 but rpm -q mysql shows mysql-3.23.58-2.3
I don't know if this is a problem.

Well my DBs work fine, except webmai. If I login using a false passwd it tells me passwd wrong. If I provide the correct passwd it redirects me to the login page again without any notice.

What is the problem?
Please help since my clients cannot use this feature which is awfully furstrating.

thanks

Sounds like the old MySQL package is still there. Perhaps you should take a backup, uninstall all MySQL packages, reinstall the MySQL4 packages, and restore from backup.

(NOTE: I'm not commenting on the compatibility of MySQL4 with Plesk; I assume you've researched this already.)

adam

I haven't check mysql combatibility. I'm not sure what you are alking about. Upgrading from Mysql 3 to 4 requires for a script to run to change certain thing in the databases. I did this, if that's what you mean.

I'm not so familiar with rpm, and I don;t think it's that easy to uninstall mysql since it is depended with plesk.

Back