• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Webmail problem - can't open from view webmail button next to user email

Bricee

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Microsoft Windows Server 2016 x86_64 Build date: 2022/11/04 03:00
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48.0 Web Pro Edition
Hello all

I am having a problem opening webmail from within the mail menu tab and from a browser. When I click on the "Open webmail for this email address in a new window I get a blank page with the address bar - https://webmail.p2d.org.au/[email protected]. and the following message

Hmmm… can't reach this page​

Check if there is a typo in webmail.p2d.org.au.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

If I try running webmail from a browser address, I get the same result.

The user's mail is flowing normally, and I have been able to set up the account in outlook and other mail clients as both POP and IMAP.

I have run the diagnose and repair and all components get the green tick.

Can anyone help me with this please?
Thank you

Please note that I am using MailEnable WebMail 10.42. I am running W 2016 Server with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.48.0 Web Pro Edition

It's a DNS problem:
Your domain "p2d.org.au" is delegated to the following 3 nameservers:
ns1.nameserver.net.au
ns2.nameserver.net.au
ns3.nameserver.net.au

So the DNS records that you have on your own Plesk server have no effect on the "real world".
Those 3 nameservers do not have any DNS record for "webmail.p2d.org.au", thus this hostname does not exist.

You basically have 2 options now:
  1. At your registrar, edit your domain and add a DNS record for "webmail.p2d.org.au" that is pointing to the IP of your Plesk server
  2. Or: At your registrar, register your nameservers "ns1.p2d.org.au" and "ns2.p2d.org.au" (both with the IP of your Plesk server) and then change the delegation of your domain p2d.org.au to those nameservers. Once this is completed, the DNS records on your Plesk servers will be the authoritative ones for your domain

Hello Monty
Thanks so much - you were on the money. Added a new A record for webmail against the server IP and all worked.
Warmest Regards
Brice

Back