• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail question

Hi omexlu12,

please manually check at "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails" for the timestamp of the files and make sure, that they are newly created, when using the reconfigure - command. You certainly may have a closer look into the files and locate possible misconfigurations and correct them manually, to solve your issue.

Please have as well a look at the "Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter" ( Tools & Settings > Updates & Upgrades > Add/remove components => "Additional Plesk Extensions" ), which is a very usefull tool for the Plesk Control Panel. You may read more about this Plesk Extension at:

@UFHH01

I have checked the timestamp these are right after reconfigure, the config under "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails" are correct and Webserver Configuration Troubeshooter don't give any errors :(

Hi omexlu12,

sorry, but you are missing something. To go back again, your error messages states clear, that the line no. 6 of each nginx - webmail - configuration at "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails" has a misconfiguration.
Please make sure that your template at "/usr/local/psa/admin/conf/templates/custom/nginxDomainWebmail.php" looks like this:

Code:
<?php echo AUTOGENERATED_CONFIGS; ?>

<?php /** @var Template_VariableAccessor $VAR */ ?>
<?php
if (!$VAR->domain->webmailActive) {
    echo "# Domain is disabled or suspended\n";
    return;
}
?>
server_name "<?php echo $VAR->domain->asciiName ?>/webmail";
<?php foreach ($VAR->domain->mailAliases AS $alias): ?>
server_name  "<?php echo $alias->asciiName ?>/webmail";
<?php endforeach; ?>

@UFHH01

Yes i have try it multiple times and i am sure that im missing nothing. My template looks 1to1 like your example.
If you want i can show you over teamviewer?

EDIT: i have send you a conversation with video (youtube), thx.

Last edited:
Hi omexlu12,

I can't see any misconfigurations as well and I only can suggest to try another editor ( pico, vi / vi / vim ), just to make sure, that the useless symbols are not a "nano" - usage-cause.
You could as well try to delete all files at "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails" and manually create one single file for one domain ( YOUR_DOMAIN.COM_webmail.conf ) , with the content:

Code:
#ATTENTION!
#
#DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE BECAUSE IT WAS GENERATED AUTOMATICALLY,
#SO ALL YOUR CHANGES WILL BE LOST THE NEXT TIME THE FILE IS GENERATED

server_name "YOUR_DOMAIN.COM/webmail";

and try afterwards to restart nginx and see, if you still experience issues.

If you don't experience any issue, you can be sure, that your edits of the templates are the cause and you should definetely change your editor and try over the reconfigure - procedure again, as described before.

Last edited by a moderator:
@UFHH01

Ok thx you, i will it a try later when i'm at home with pico.
But in the past i never had problems with nano in editing other conf-files, very strange.

@UFHH01

@IgorG maybe you have a solution why i having trouble with that?

I have now give few trys with your suggestions:
  • editied files with pico => same error
  • deleted all files in "/etc/nginx/plesk.conf.d/webmails" an create manually one for a specific domain then restart the nginx service => same error

I don't see any "useless symbols" in the configuration :(

I don't know what i can do else :(

EDIT: i rolled back to standart configuration until i find a fix for that.

EDIT2:

I solved that now by adding another domain for webmail logins for a specific domain but the other problem is very strange.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Back