• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Webmail Vhost not changing

A

aceHandlin

I have been working for two days straight trying to find my own solution. Checking every posting I can find and I am still nowhere. My server was hacked via the vulnerability. I cleaned it up and was good to go. This was however The second patch I had to add to the server so I decided to update the server to Plesk 11 from 9.5. When starting the upgrade they told my hmailServer was not compatible which I was using for my mail servers. So I switched that back to mail enable. because of the IMAP that hmailServer provided I was using @tmail for some webmail clients. Here is where the problem starts. Any of my clients that were using @tmail now do not have webmail due to @tmail still trying to resolve when using webmail.domain.com

The First time I go to webmail.domain.com I get this:

I get a few different errors when trying to login on the server.
Module IIS Web Core
Notification Unknown
Handler Not yet determined
Error Code 0x80070005
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\c:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\atmail\web.config

I hit refresh and I get this I get this(<DOMAIN> is a domain on my site):

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden
The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Module DirectoryListingModule
Notification ExecuteRequestHandler
Handler StaticFile
Error Code 0x00000000
Requested URL http://webmail.<DOMAIN>.com:80/
Physical Path c:\inetpub\vhosts\webmail\atmail
Logon Method Anonymous
Logon User Anonymous

I understand the error is pointing to a permission issue. However this is not the case. @tmail is not installed anymore. Why is the domain still thinking it is.

I reinstalled mail enable on the server so I could get mailenable webmail because I was getting this error when trying to use Horde as well. It seems the problem is there is a subdomain in plesk I think(not listed in the panel) that is wrong and pointing to @tmail yet. When I look at a client that didn't have webmail set up pre update and put webmail on I do not have any issues and it goes right to the webmail client. which is somewhere around here(/mewebmail/Mondo/lang/sys/login.aspx). At one point I saw an error saying cannot find atmail/mewebmail/Mondo/lang/sys/login.aspx which for some odd reason it is still adding atmail to this.... Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. I cannot be the only one having this issue....

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

Figured it out!

I always hate when people post to message forums and they never get answered. So I will answer my own post.
This turned out to be a problem with the Atmail website still being in IIS(even after being removed from plesk it was not taken out). Basically the Atmail website was calling for the webmail.domain.com before the new mailenable webmail client. When I removed the atmail website from the IIS this completely took that out of the equation and everything was running flawlessly.

Back