• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Webmail without subdomain?

JohanSki

Basic Pleskian
Hi guys,

I'm planning on hosting some websites for customers. I am using Plesk 12. So far so good.

Now here's the problem. For some reason my host by default doesn't offer subdomains (unless I buy a more expensive package). Will this cause any problems? For example webmail.mydomain.com won't work because it uses a subdomain. Will there be another way for customers to access their webmail?

Hi JohanSki,

the SEARCH function of this forum is quite powerfull and you would have found a thread like "Webmail question", which could answer your question, how to manage to access webmail over domain.com/webmail for example.

Thanks, but please do understand I'm not as experienced as you are. I came here hoping to find some help. I already Googled a lot without any result. And it's difficult to search for something if you don't know what the possibilities are.

You're talking about domain.com/webmail. Is this a default option?

In the plesk adminpanel when I go to the mail section of a website, I can click the icon of a mailbox, but this uses the webmail subdomain. I hope there is a way to resolve this problem.

Last edited:
In addition:

I have tried to login to my webmail, but it seems all the shortcuts within Plesk refer to webmail.mydomain.com. So now there is no way to access my webmail, or am I missing another option?

Right now if I click on the email icon which should open my mailbox, it shows a "not found" page. I could try to create a custom template so I can use mydomain.com/webmail BUT I assume this won't change the shortcut-links to the mailbox (or am I wrong?) So if the shortcuts still refer to webmail.mydomain.com then it still won't work.

I truly hope that someone can give me some advice. If I can't offer webmail to my clients I maybe am forced to find another hoster, which means I may have to give up on Plesk at all, and that is not what I want.

So again, here's the situation. I can't use subdomains. I could create a custom template that leads to mydomain.com/webmail. That would solve at least one problem. But how do I solve the problem with the shortcuts/links to the mailbox. Can they be changed? And I mean in a permanent way, so they won't get overwritten by an update?

Back