• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Website import extension

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
I'm trying to use the Website Import extension to move my Wordpress-based websites that are hosted via RunCloud.

The extension is able to connect via SSH (FTP won't work, as the server is configured to only accept SFTP connections; by the way this extension should support SFTP - not the same as FTPS) but no matter what I enter in the document source/files root fields, I cannot get it to correctly scan for contents. It says "Unable to locate the document root directory of the website".

To see if everything is ok I fired up a terminal and connected via SSH using the same credentials and I can access the files just fine. Here's what I used in the extensions' configuration on the advanced mode (domain name has been redacted for privacy):

Source domain name: ftp.<domain>.com.br
Source website url: www.<domain>.com.br
Source document root: /home/runcloud/webapps/<name>/
Connection type: SSH
Username: runcloud
Password: <ssh password>
Files root: home/runcloud/webapps/<name>/
Get list of files mode: Automatic
Way of transfer files: Automatic

When I log in via SSH the terminal drops me on /home/runcloud/ but I can go outside this (eg. looks like it's not chrooted). Then I can simply enter the above mentioned folder and LS the files, and they're all there.

Goddamnit! Just because I posted this, the thing started working! Aaaaah! Well, at least for ONE site. But the database dump failed, I need to check the old server's configuration.

EDIT: And now it wont work again. Gah!

Last edited:
Back