• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Website on Plesk 12 sending SPAM, please help!!

Faisal

New Pleskian
I would be very grateful if someone could help me to resolve this issue.

For the past few months, i have had a massive amount of spam originating from a Magento website on my Plesk server.

I have tried everything that a server novice can try, i have spent hours trying to find information on how to deal with this problem, but i have no idea what to do or where to even begin.

I would appreciate any feedback or where to look for a (newbie's) resolution to this problem.

Thanks in advance

Stop your mailer, for starting.
Disable the domain.

Move your code to an internal server, and you will be able quietly to search for the problem.
Those codes are usually hidden in pluggins, and not easy to find.

If you can, do a fresh install after backup, and make sure all you restore on your production server is free of junk.

Hope this help.

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time to reply Amazili, I really appreciate it.

I cannot disable the domain because it is a clients site, which makes it even worse

Do you know of any video tutorials or resources (for a newbie!) i can take a look at?

Any thing you can point me to, would be much appreciated.

Thanks again

Back