• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Jolene MacFadden

New Pleskian
My Wordpress websites are producing sporadic 500 Internal Server Errors today. They worked fine two days ago. I haven't changed anything as far as I know. I have read through the Knowledge Base, the Wordpress Forums and none of the suggestions so far has seemed to help. I have to clear my history of whatever browsers I use and wait a little while before I can log back into the website and do a couple of updates then I start getting the 500 error again.

I have checked on the Updates And Upgrades page and installed the components updates that were available.

Here are my PHP Settings that I have in place:

PHP Support: FastCGI Application 5.6.13
memory_limit = Custom Value 128M ****This was suggested on several forums****
The rest of the PHP settings are set at "Default"

Any help would be appreciated.

Still need help with this! Whenever I go into my websites either through the Wordpress Toolkit, logging in directly from a webpage or even through the Websites and Domains Dashboard after a couple of operations like updating a page/post I get the "500 Internal Server Error" message. I have to erase my history and log in again. Sometimes after only three updates and sometimes after 10 but I still get the error. It is very annoying. Anything I can do to prevent it??????

I have tried deactivating all the plugins but still get the sporadic 500 error.

I have installed the W3-Total Cache Plugin to help with my site loading more quickly.

It doesn't seem to affect just viewing the site. That I am grateful for.

Back