• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Input what a mess

what-a-mess

New Pleskian
Today I made a second attempt to find a new hosting provider.

My previous attempt, which was several months ago, was abandoned because I got lost in the Plesk mush. I simply gave up.

My second attempt was today and to my great disappointment this hosting provider also uses Plesk. Thought I was going to bite through it this time.

Three hours into my endeavor I am still no further than trying to log in to Plesk.

Plenty of friction points to get to this still:
no instructions are provided what the login credentials are for Plesk,
not even a word to say they are not the same as the login credentials for the hosting provider
first contact with support results in telling me where I can login to Plesk and an offer to resend the welcome message
2nd contact: Plesk has its own username and password and the revelation what my username is, plus "you can reset the password from Plesk"
Ok, cannot log to Plesk so how can I reset from Plesk??
Support gives up an sends the Plesk password.

More to follow....

I'm curious why you're posting this here - this seems more like a rant towards a bad host.

Plesk's login screen has a Forgot your password option right from the start that only requires your email address....

Back