• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What Are v3 Owner's Feelings on the v4 Upgrade

I used following e-mail address:

[email protected]

Actually, I can not say exactly if this message could be lost or spam filtered. We have a lot of customers in US and there are no problems with communication via e-mail. Probably we could try to use some different e-mail address for this?

I agree that it is a bit much that we have to pay for support like we do when the basics things don't work. There is almost an incentive for swsoft to make poor software to make money from support at $75 per incident. I can hire my own developer for that price. We shouldn't have to pay to bug test for swsoft. They should pay us.

GIVE SUPPORT AS QUICK AS YOU TAKE THE MONEY!

I feel exactly the same way as swopedesign below. I'm trying to use V4.0 but can't get all of the links to show on the web pages. I left a thread in the troubleshooting forum and got no response.

I'm new to sitebuilder but am sure that I won't be spending any money on anything else from this company. It does seem as if they've created an inferior product only to charge people for support. To me thats just being a ****** and I'll have no part of it. Knowing what I know now - I wouldn't spend the money on an upgrade.

And, what's really telling is that they know their customers are unhappy with their support and that future customers can read the forums, yet they do nothing to resolve the issues.

The only thing sitebuilder has done so far is taught me to read the forums before purchasing software.

Originally posted by swopedesign
You can post a list of features. v3 also had customizable templates. You just had to download them, use the guide to create them, and then upload them. So they were also customizable. Unless I'm missing something...templates better be very, very, very easy to update in v4 to make it worth paying for.

Google Maps is a nice feature, but not worth $200 v4 fees. When even some of the simplest features, such as uploading files (in my case, very small .mov files) fails, and the solution can't be found after 2 weeks, and it *should* work...well, new features don't mean much to those customers. My customers.

And the knowledgebase is not current, so the issues that are solved in the forums aren't posted in the knowledgebase, well, how does one go about resolving their issues with AVAILABLE solutions that just haven't been posted? The info is at SWSoft somewhere. SWSoft must have more answers than they post to the knowledgebase.

Since the current users aren't well supported, without paying extra $, and the knowledgebase isn't populated with current information...hmmm, do we see a reason to pay for the support? The answers aren't posted for the benefit of all SiteBuilder's users when a solution has been found, so users must pay for it if they need help. It is encouraging to pay the additional fees for support, isn't it?

The problem is I WANT TO WANT TO UPGRADE, but I'm not convinced or compelled to pay out any extra $ for the lack of consideration and courtesy given to purchasers of previous releases. What will SWSoft do with my $200? Provide better support? Update their knowledgebase? Provide prompt support thru these forums? Or none of the above? Do you see my point? Can I expect better support and reliability with the upgrade? I'm just not convinced, and I want to be. I want to like SiteBuilder like I like other software.

I just returned from HostingCON where I spoke with some upper management about Sitebuilder issues. They just don't care.
I immediately stopped selling it. There are many better products on the market.

That's SWsoft management all over, they do not give a damn about their customers, as long as we keep lining their pockets with money.
Hence the reason they do not have a customer service department, so they do not have to deal with their thousands of unhappy customers.

I too will be ditching SiteBuilder, it's been unusable since version 2 (which wasn't too good either)

Was it just me or did swsoft not make a big announcement about version4 of sitebuider? Did I miss it or are they not proud to announce this product? (Maybe it got marked as spam...)

Originally posted by Dmitry Frantsev
Dear Justin,

Actually, there was an announcement about new release......
See, all SWsoft staff stick their fingers in their ears and shout LALALALALA, pretending all their customers are happy and they have working products. You just cannot get any customer service! From a company this size!

In slight defense of SWsoft Dimitri (above) is one guy who has actually given some good spport to us in the past (was in the 30 days install period) and actually actively reads these forums and helps here and there.

I've never seen an swsoft post on the plesk forums.

Maybe swsoft acknowledge the need for extra online sitebuilder support, or maybe they are twidiling their thumbs waiting for sitebuilder customers?

Back