• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question What do people think of Plesk?

vinidarlo74

New Pleskian
We have recently started to migrate all our websites from CPanel and WHM to Plesk. My experience so far is it certainly has a lot of options and I've had to contact Plesk support more than a few times. So far they have been very helpful. However it is still early days for us yet.
Just by looking at their extensions they seem more advanced than CPanel with the WordPress toolkit and SEO module. Apparently they even support Docker which isn't a huge selling point for us but apparently CPanel doesn't (or not easily).
The only issue we had with the Plesk migration tool is that the SSL certificates didn't come across which is interesting as it wasn't listed among it's limitation on its limitations page. Oh well, we can workaround that.
Just wondered what other people's experience of it and how they feel it stacks up against competitors in managing a sizable number of websites.
Cheers. 9Apps – Download 9Apps Free Fast Install for Android 2020

Last edited:
Plesk is cool, but now that centos 8.3 wont even exist shortly, it puts everyone to square1. If your going with red hat and plesk tho, i would say hell yeah its awesome. Of note, more modern pannels like APIS cp where it uses node.js a lot more, and is self healing and modern in many ways is something to keep an eye on. Also of note, plesk apps costing a bit of money here and there is a bit silly- for example you pay for server, then you pay for plesk, then you pay for the plesk apps... its just not streamlined and most apps seem predatory... basically con jobs that you do not need, and plesk should have handled it. As a whole, I like plesk very much, but as the future is concerned...there is PLENTY of room for concern. Plesk worked beautifully with centos- but now there is no centos. That is a huge prob, obviously. p.s. also of note is the fact that php is a bit silly in comparison to node js going mainstream in things such as ghostblog. Im sure MANY companies would love to see everyone keep using php instead of node.js or other modern things like go- but node.js performance blows phhp out of the water. Thats just a fact.

Back