• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question What happens if I delete main domain?

jackoackely

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am running Plesk on Linode (CentOS) and did setup main account as Linode's domain to access admin panel.
Can I delete it and still access login page to panel through IP addresses directly, or will it break something?

Attachments

• 2022-08-pTlh3.png
    2022-08-pTlh3.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 5
Yes, you'll always be able to access Plesk via your IP address.

BTW, you can set the domain on which you access Plesk via Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL (listed under the General Settings header).

BTW, you can set the domain on which you access Plesk via Tools & Settings > Customize Plesk URL (listed under the General Settings header).
I see! Thanks. Is it okay to access admin panel through IP? I can ignore SSL error, but still wanted to verify. In terms of security, etc.

You'll have a beter experience accessing Plesk trough the host/domain instead of the IP address because of the SSL error. However I don't think it's less secure to access Plesk on your server IP.

Deleting main domain delete all the other domains... had to recover from the backup.

Back