• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What HP server to buy

S

SavageTiger

Hello everybody,
I am posting here to ask for personal expirience of the plesk admins on this forum.
Last week i wanted to install plesk on a new FreeBSD server. Its company policy to always buy 1U HP Proliant servers.
We always used to install FreeBSD 5.3 and plesk 7 on a DL320 G3 server. This works great. But the G3 is not being shipped anymore only the G4. And no matter what FreeBSD release i install the kernel keeps crashing on eather way the SATA controller or the (slightly modified) broadcom ethernet controller.
HP Claims the support RH SA4, so i wanted to install that as a last resort, but that's also not finding the raid controller, or network adapter. So i downloaded the official HP Drivers. and guess what. The are ADAPTEC drivers, And the bios clearly states its a INTEL raid controller. However, HP doesnt believe me, and wont give me any support. So i gave up on that.

Ok, to make a long story short, I need to tell the boss what server we want in exchange for this one, it must be a HP server, but offcourse if you buy another brand, please tell me, maybe i can get the boss to buy another brand.

I hope i did not make to many spelling errors.

With Kind regard Sven.

Back