• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question What is a sensible number of connections ip address for antiddos ?

Linulex

Silver Pleskian
Server operating system version
alma 8 and centos 7
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.52 Update #3
Hello all,

I am trying to set an antiddos policy for our servers in nginx because the number of scans have dramaticly increased. Mostly wordpress sites are scanned.
This is done via

Code:
limit_conn_zone $binary_remote_addr zone=antiddos:10m;
limit_conn antiddos 100;

The above configuration means that 100 connections are allowed from the same ip address at any given time. Any more the 100 error 503 is given.

100 is a number i made up, i have no idea if that is to small or to big. What would be a number that would websites allow to work, but stop scanners from hogging all the recources? The biggest servers have 2 to 300 wordpress websites on them.

For people who waht to do this to:

Add the above lines to a file in /etc/nginx/conf.d/ and give the extension .conf

for example /etc/nginx/conf.d/antiddos.conf and restart nginx service.

Condition: nginx should be active, either as proxy or a webserver.

Thank you

Regards
Jan

Back