• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved What load wpcommon.conf?

WhiteTiger

Basic Pleskian
In the /var/www/vhosts/system/DOMAIN/conf there a file named wpcommon.conf.

What creates and what to call this file?
I do not see a "include" directive in the various configuration files and even Plesk's documentation.
Thanks in advance

As far as I know it is not Plesk related file. I assume it may be some kind of WordPress part.

In my Wordpress there are no option to write in this folder.
Maybe in the WP Plesk tools?

The real question is: I have to include this files and its directives?

Hi WhiteTiger,

The real question is: I have to include this files and its directives?
Could you pls. explain, HOW you installed wordpress on your (sub)domain?
Could you pls. provide details about your current operating system?

The file "wpcommon.conf" is not existent, if you installed the latest wordpress package with the Plesk Wordpress Toolkit on Debian/Ubuntu based systems for example.
If you desire to install additional plugins, or a wordpress package from a desired source, pls. follow the depending installation guides of the source provider. ;)

This folder is out the usual path.
I do not remember plugins that interact with Nginx and the only one that does it has in its settings the root of the domain.
However, if this file is not of Plesk, then I remove it.
Thank you.
P.S .:
Please bring patience, but for weeks I was convinced I was working with Nginx; instead I noticed only last Saturday that the server had changed and I was working with Apache (see my other post).
Now, with Nginx, nothing is working and I'm testing some of Nginx's proper configuration.

Last edited:
Back