• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What OS and what Parallels Plesk products

R

RichardK

I have recently come across Parallels Plesk because I am interested in Web Development and Hosting. I would like to be able to use Parallels Plesk to design, develop and deploy web sites for my customers and use a hosting company to host the sites.

The trouble with a new tool is that, you do not know where to start, what tools are required and what platforms they can run on. There are so many components in Parallels Plesk that I don't know which ones are suitable for my needs.

Ideally, I want to be able to run Parallels Plesk on Windows desktop/laptop like Vista (Business, Ultimate, Premium etc) machine of some sort. What Vista version/flavour do I need?

What components of Parallels Plesk do I need? Will these be Parallels Desktop, Parallels Workstation and Parallels Server all together or Parallels Virtuozzo Containers, Parallels Automation solutions, Parallels Plesk.

I am going to buy a Vista laptop that can run these products. So I need to understand whether the machine I am going to buy will be able to run the products. Also, I don't know if all components required, can all sit on the same machine or whether they need to be installed separately.

Can I run Parallels Plesk off the network in a standalone format? This means installing client and server components all on one machine without connectivity to the Internet. This way, I will be able to design, build off line. Is this possible?

I am assuming that you guys understand the product sets more than I do and hope you will be able to share your experience with me.

Thanks very much in advance.

Hi All,

Can anyone please help with this question please?

Thanks,

RichardK

Back