• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What version of sw-cp-server on Plesk 9.3.0?

curts

New Pleskian
What program and version of web server is sw-cp-server on Plesk 9.3.0?
How can I verify?

When I interrogate from the localhost, I see sw-cp-server 1.0.0 and when I look from another host, I see an older version of Apache.

Thanks!

Try something like:

rpm -q sw-cp-server

or

/usr/sbin/sw-cp-serverd -v

Hi Igor,
Both methods you mention indicate sw-cp-server 1.0.0, which is understandable.
The problem I have is that when being scanned for PCI Compliance, the scan results in likely false results indicating Apache/2.0.46.
I questioned McAfee Secure about the results, because as you indicate, the installed web server is NOT Apache/2.0.46.
Their response was to tell me how I can see what they are scanning using curl.

So I use curl like this: curl -IvkL https://host.mydomain.com:8443

When I run this on the Plesk server (which is a vz container), I get the following answer for the Server:

< Server: sw-cp-server/1.0.0
Server: sw-cp-server/1.0.0

I ran the same curl command from 3 other Linux servers, one being the VZ hardware node, I get this response for the Server:

< Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
Server: Apache/2.0.46 (Red Hat) mod_ssl/2.0.46 OpenSSL/0.9.7a

So, I can understand how they would assume that Apache/2.0.46 is running.

I will dig into how the curl program is getting this response and where the information is coming from.
Thanks!

PCI Compliance - Parallels Plesk Panel can be made compliant with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard. This can be achieved by running a special PCI compliance resolver utility and additional tuning of system components, as described in the document Achieving PCI Compliance for Servers Managed by Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5. The document is available at http://download1.parallels.com/Plesk/Panel9.5/Doc/en-US/plesk-9.5-pci-compliance-guide/

Back