• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

What's the BEST anti-spam email software for Linux Servers?

NewMagicSpam

New Pleskian
In my opinion, it's MagicSpam.

It's easy to use & even easier to install on your server running CPanel, Plesk, MailEnable etc.

Tech support is very knowledgeable & fast too.

Features:
* Lower Your Bandwith
* Zero Day Protection
* Automatic Updates
* 'Best Practices' Validation
* Mail Server Profiling
* Reduces 'Back Scatter'
* Blocks Trojans & Bots
* Set Custom Policies
* Searchable Logs
* Live Statistics
* Less System Overhead
* Easy to Use & Maintain

http://www.MagicSpam.com

You may know of others, so please post because I'm all ears. :)

I am using SpamTitan for more than a year and I haven't face any problem till date. If I would need to switch to another one then I will definitely give your program ago :)

There a lot of software and according to me I love the ESET software. One more thing that the security totally depends on your subscriptions. So to protect your full server you need to pic the best subscriptions for yourself.

Thanks!!!

+1 for MagicSpam. Very easy to install. At first it wasn't catching much spam but the support team gave me some ideas on how to fine-tune the filter to catch more spam (in my case I enabled another spam list). Nice interface for checking on what the filter is doing -- what is ham / spam and that can be viewed by specific email accounts as well. I've been using it for about 3 weeks. Had to whitelist a few IPs (i.e. Constant Contact) but otherwise it's rather hands off. My clients are happy with the significant reduction in spam over what was getting filtered by spamassasin. I think I'm paying about $12 a month for this service.

Hm, after installing MagicSpam ( the free version ! ) , I send me a testmail with this :

XJS*C4JDBQADN1.NSBN3*2IDNEN*GTUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-UBE-TEST-EMAIL*C.34X

In the overview I can see nothing about spam !

On the other way, I send it via the SpamAssassin, it works !

So, test it, please ...

Bye, Martin

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for trying out and supporting MagicSpam!

We just wanted to clarify that MagicSpam does not perform any content filtering on email messages transiting through your server.
This is the reason we cannot block messages based on their content, like the GTUBE string mentioned above, and why there is no subject blacklist feature.

Instead, MagicSpam leverages patented BMS technology and enforces SMTP best practices right in the SMTP layer to reject spam before your server
even has to download the message. This actually can reduce load on your server because it doesn't have to waste bandwidth, memory, CPU cycles
or even spin a disk to handle those spam messages!

If you want, it is possible to utilize a content filter in conjunction with MagicSpam.
For example, some of our customers choose to use SpamAssassin in behind MagicSpam; this allows MagicSpam to remove the large majority of the spam
messages and leaves SpamAssassin to scan the few leftover messages.
This allows you to still benefit the performance gains that MagicSpam offers, while allowing a content filter to perform the deeper scanning that you are looking for.

Please let us know if you have any questions about how MagicSpam works.

-- MagicSpam Support Team --

Hi,

What is the preferred option then ? Has any body used "ASSP" with plesk 17 ? What was the experience ? I am looking for a product that has the below features.

1. preventing incoming spam from known spammers and spam content
2. capable of preventing spoofed and mass marketing emails
3. product doing content filtering on email messages transiting through server

I've been using ASSP for almost 10 years on Plesk servers. I suggest to use it on another port than 25 for incoming mail.
Then use an iptables NAT translation rule to translate port 25 to the incoming port of ASSP.

This way it will become totally transparent to Plesk. Be aware though that anti-relaying features should be enabled in ASSP as postfix anti-relaying stops working because all traffic seems to be coming from its own IP.

I have a script that will add Plesk domains to files/localdomains.txt and files/localaddresses.txt automatically.
I also have a script to prevent backscatter in case postfix is used as a relay server.

If you want more info about ASSP integration you can open a new thread asking for it and I will post my well tested scripts there.
They are used in a production environment.

Back